miércoles, 6 de noviembre de 2013

Before VEM

Hello dear sweetpies^^

Well well, it's been long since I haven't written anything, but still feels longer because of the quantity of events that have taken place. Biggest one, as I told you before, was VEM -Volunteers Evaluation Meeting-, but before that other things happened, so let's take a look.

Firstly, have I ever mentioned about how nice is our new office? Not only the building is new and atmosphere kept colorful and creative, but we also have a small garden. Couple of months ago we invited over some volunteers to help us settling in our new place and among other activities they made some gardening. Well, this kind of work needed to be done again, so everybody in the office gave a hand with it -here's all team working together. Funny fact, we planted some seeds that needed to be watered, and because of the garden hose wasn't working we needed to make it with a watering can -in fact, I made it for like one hour, and I pretty much liked it, quite relaxing.


Changing a bit of topic, I attended to a workshop called 'How to apply to an international job or internship in Bratislava'. Sounds promising, right? Well, it wasn't so much. I mean, it was good -mainly how to make your CV more attractive for recruitment companies-, but it was just half of what you would expect with such a title. In any case, now I have a pretty CV and I enjoyed a free glass of wine included in the 3E entrance price.





Moving on in the week, and just few days before VEM, things started to move faster. I prepared individually the labels for the organizers and participants of the event, splitting them into different groups for different 6 sessions. Anyway, I really liked the final result, the labels looked pretty nice. Also I had the time to collect some material from the attic, where I found this 'scary' wig that finally I didn't use -but we used it in VEM, you'll see. Finally, as part of the decoration team, I helped creating carton gravestones for a small performance the Galavecer team was preparing.


Anyway, the main event taking place before VEM was a presentation of INEX in a theater just the day before. It was in Sered, which implied waking up absurdly early to be there by 8 am. We went by car, Michal, Tomas, Sarah and me, and even we got a bit lost several times we managed to find the place to open the ceremony -a promotional event because of the European Day of Languages. Michal and Tomas were the main spokesmen but Sarah and I also talked about our experience and were translated afterwards by them.




After our presentation we stayed for few more and we had lunch in the school canteen right before leaving to Trnava to pick up Monika, another INEX volunteer, and head to Planinka, to this very special place where VEM was taking place the next day. We arrived there one day in advance to prepare everything related to decoration and so on. It was great, but I'll tell you more in the next post :)

Later, alligators! :D


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario