miércoles, 6 de noviembre de 2013

VEM 2013

Hi again!

So, as I was saying, for the preparation of the Volunteers Evaluation Meeting (VEM) of INEX, and because I was part of the decoration team, I arrived one day earlier to this misty location in the middle of nowhere -a former hunting house, just great for the horror topic we were having this year!


In the inside it was already scary with all the deer skulls and some fur of animals, but still we had prepared some stuff for make it even creepier, and here's the result -told you we made good use of that wig :D




Furthermore, we put some scary posters as decoration in the accommodation building (just next to the main one of the picture), together with some printed horror stories. Another team, the Galavecer one, in charge of a performance for Saturday night, also made the technical arrangements for projector and audio columns. Also, we used a furniture and improvised a desk to welcome the participants the following days: label, t-shirt and badge -everything was set.




Saturday 26th of October, 9:30 am, and a bus full of people arrived to Planinka. We gave them their welcome packs and they left their luggage in their rooms, ready to start with the opening session -whoever finished earlier was invited to take a picture with our brand new horror-style frame, specially reinvented for this event. And funny moment! While we were waiting that morning for people to arrive, just giving the final details in the main building, we left the door open. Guess who wanted to come in? Bambi! We tried to make him go outside again without touching him, because they warned us he had had some disease recently -anyway, I had touched him the previous night, before knowing about this rule, ale nevadi, I survived :P




Mirka was in charge of opening the event and afterwards we had some energisers and name games to get to know each other. Then we had a session to evaluate our workcamp experiences -which was quite good for me since it was the first time for me to reflect it in a group, because I missed potaborka-, Sarah's presentation of INEX messenger and, in an attempt to involve everybody in the night show, we had another session where we had to prepare something for the Galavecer. Some pictures so you can make an idea how it looked like.






Galavecer came and they played for us a video they made. A crazy story about Van Helsing killing monsters and Pierre Ceresole, the founder of the international workcamps, coming back from death to stop the masacre. See? The whole event, because of the horror topic, had this storyline that monsters (us, because we got dressed as monsters) could be turned into good. In that moment the different groups had some performance to convince Van Helsing to let go the monsters. There were poems, theater, dancing and -in my case- even singing. Here's the monster family picture :)




After Galavecer we had one more session, night games. It was very nice and specially in the atmosphere of this enchanted place. When it finished and we found 'the cure for being monsters' -tasty syrup :D-, we had some 'disco' time, but I think people went to sleep not long after it, since it had been a long day. Next day we had some presentations of workcamps by some active volunteers and one more 'gymkana' like game, where we had -in among other taks- to take a picture with the 'person in yellow t-shirt', who happened to be a quite fast runner, Mirka.





One of the last sessions consisted in different stations where we promote INEX activities. This was the only session I was part of the organizers and, together with Matiss, we talked about the tea meetings -when we meet some afternoons in INEX office and some volunteer gives a lecture on some topic they know about. We had printed some of the announcements we had for previous meetings, like the one Matiss had of prezi and public speaking, or mine about introduction to photoshop.


Before saying goodbye, we had some evaluation session about the whole event. I pretty much enjoyed it, it was good not to be so involved in the organization team this time but just relax and be a plain participant once. We had a lottery session with some very random prices and then the bus to Bratislava arrived to take us back home.

I think the idea of this event is quite nice, to gather all people that have had a volunteer experience -mainly in workcamp-, to share their learning and exchange ideas about how different and beautiful places are all over the world. When it comes to INEX activities, well, that's not new for me but I guess was pretty good to have this information in case participants wanted to get more involve. In any case, it was a nice time with nice people in a nice location, so I don't have anything to complain for -as usual :)

Now that VEM is over and we only have like few presentation's events for next days besides the scheduled tea meetings, I really feel this is coming to an end. I've learnt a lot during my EVS in INEX and I'm truly happy I was accepted in this project. But now I have two opposite feelings. First, the wish to return back home and see my family and friends again and, just in the opposite direction, the certainty there is nothing waiting for me back in my hometown.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends and I can not wait to see them again and hug them for all this time we've been apart. But how is it gonna be after 2 or 3 weeks there? What's my next destination, my next challenge, my next step? Well, that's something that can't leave my mind these days, but I'll work hard to find it out. The world is full of possibilities, just need to clear the fog and realize what fits best for me. Will see -soon.

Thanks for being there, unconditional reader, hope you enjoy my adventures -feel free to comment, please! Oh, last thing, all pictures made by Sarah (most of them) and Michal (a couple). Click in their names to see full albums of VEM.

Pekny den!
Alicia

PS: Due to some problems with the flow of the communication in the decoration team, we finally had 2 scary frames for taking pictures. Dasa, my menthor, had prepared one all by herself. Here's Michal's report with this other frame, and I love this evolution of pictures together with Dasa :)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario